Friday, April 27, 2007

Technorati Luv

As of tonight I'm officially listed with Technorati - a site that's basically a search engine for blogs. (I suppose it's also a social networking thing since you have profiles and stuff.) I've known about it for ages, but I never took the time to look into it carefully until now. As silly as it may sound, I think signing up with them was the most fun I've ever had registering for something online. Maybe it's because I'm just a huge Web 2.0 fan boy. (But seriously...the part where you type out a 250-character blog descriptions actually has a little character count going as you type it. How cool is that?) Plus they give you some nifty little widgets to stick in a template, and, well, fresh additions to my blog's template make my heart beat faster because I'm really cool like that.

I've been doing more thinking lately about making this blog accessible to wider audiences and so forth, but just tonight I've seriously re-considered my previous notion that it would never happen unless I made it much less personal, since my own personal life is pretty ordinary. But, just from some of the browsing around I've been doing tonight, (won't go into the details) I've seen that there are plenty of folks who enjoy reading frivolity as much as I enjoy writing it. Thus, I've done some self-promotion in blogging circles so we'll just see what happens.

Random: My work shift tomorrow got changed from afternoon to evening. In other words? RIP Weekend.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Sarah Katherine said...

Weekend, we loved thee dearly. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home