Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Surrounded", Draft 1

I spent painstaking hours today creating this one-minute sound file in GarageBand. (Started around 8pm, finished at 4am. Wish I'd started earlier.) It's basically just background noise for a specific part of a climatic scene, which I won't describe, because you should come and see the play! I'll post dates and stuff when I know.

There may or may not be further drafts - it all depends on the group consensus. This may not even be used in the final show, but I suspect it will be, or at least parts of it. Subsequent drafts might be created by other people working on Sound who go in on different days than me.

I decided to use YouTube to host it and just throw a static picture up there, because it actually proved to be much less of a hassle than uploading to Fandalism and other audio sharing sites. So, the picture was a fairly random choice, don't sit there wondering what the deep meaning behind it is. I know I haven't explained what this audio track is a backdrop to, but feedback is appreciated all the same.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Sarah Katherine said...

I like the strings and the windy noises. The piano annoyed me. I felt the piece didn't build up to a proper climax -- the tension was good but musically it needs either resolution or an in-your-face CHAOS moment.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Yeah, the climactic part is going to be a sound made backstage, (a gunshot) at which time this sequence will probably end abruptly instead of fading out. I just made it fade out in case they wanted to have the wind dying down after the gunshot or whatever.

But you're right, it doesn't build very well. That's the first real thing I've ever made in GarageBand and I wasn't satisfied with the capacity for changing volumes of specific tracks. I wanted to make certain parts get louder than they currently do to help generate that "building feeling", even though that's probably considered the lazy way.

Thanks for the honest answer! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home