Thursday, October 12, 2006

Google Buys YouTube; Fate Buys Dave-like Voodoo Doll

Title says it all. Google bought YouTube today! Or, that is, they agreed that this is going to happen. The transactions should be taking place by the end of the year. Is Google trying to take over the world?? Only time will tell.

On a personal note, today hasn't been so good. I had to get up early to write my Sociology mid-term, but I walked to campus because I heard that the bus drivers were on strike today. Outside it was a cold morning. I was cold when I woke up in the morning so I bundled up a bit. That was a good call. I took about 5 steps away from the front door and it started to snow. A moment later I was walking into a strong headwind and a torrent of marbel-sized snowflakes that nearly turned my face into a grimacing ice sculpture by the time I reached campus 45 minutes later. And as I shuffled up Stone Road glaring through the white, Bus #52 rumbled past - some strike that was. To top it all off, I just spilled some of my mocha latte on my computer. On the keyboard. There doesn't seem to be any harm done though, thank goodness. It's just kinda...sticky. Yuck.

I'm listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers now. It's soothing. Rockwell and I are planning on doing some shooting this Saturday for our first short project which is currently untitled. I'm excited. When I was hanging out with Beth on the weekend she was like, "You guys have got to have a screening!" I hadn't really thought of that, but I'll totally do that once we have some finished projects to show.

Yeah, I'm in a better mood now. In keeping with Guelph's tradition of having really freaky weather, I can now sit here looking out the big library windows and see a crystal blue sky...not a cloud in sight. It's pathetic fallacy! No, actually, I think the weather just hates me for some reason. Whatever.

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

/comfort

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and teehee, I like your post title.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Thanks, I was hoping somebody would get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home