Saturday, February 10, 2007

Spark

I've got this idea for a short story. It's a little lame, but I want to write it anyway. If I do, I'll post it here.

Today is a drab day. It will mostly consist of cleaning up my room and doing neglected laundry, and possibly buying more groceries. I might also go to the mall with Pete later.

This upcoming week is the last before Reading Week: 9 glorious days of freedom. I originally had some asperations to embark on some great adventure, but it's more likely I'll be in Hamilton looking for a job. I think I already said that in my last post, didn't I? Yeah, I did. Well, there it is again.

So, despite the unexcitingness of today, I'm feeling swell because I did a good deed. While browsing a forum, I came across a short story somebody had posted for constructive feedback. I didn't read the whole thing, but from skimming through it for maybe five minutes I got a reasonable idea of the writer's skill level and major problems. Based on that I gave some very constructive and detailed criticism, and she was very appreciative. I did it because I know probably not all young writers are encouraged the way I was, and I also love it when random people help random people on the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home