Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Chocolate Life

I don't have much to say tonight, but wanted to write something anyway for the sake of posting something.

Work at Baranga's is fairly nondescript. Thanks to the awesome weather we've been having, Saturday night was busy and therefore very stressful for me. Most of the time I can do my thing at a comfortable, leisurely pace and still get everything done. Not so during the dinner rush. I'd go so far as to call it "intense", as laughable as it may seem to refer to washing dishes like that.

Unexpectedly, my schedule for this week is barren. I worked a slow shift last night, and now I have the rest of the week off. (And they call it "full-time". Hmm.) Saturday and Sunday I'm scheduled to work again, for at least 9 hours each day. One really great thing about my job, probably the best thing in fact, is how much it makes me appreciate free time. Today I didn't do much, but for once that felt pretty great. I mostly just hung around reading articles online, and then in evening I met up with Alex at Second Cup. She helped me buy a surprisingly expensive Chocolate Chiller, (the new moniker for the apparently oxymoronic "frozen hot chocolate") and we just hung out for a couple hours catching up. It felt really good to hang out in such a familiar place on a warm evening with an old friend. Felt very much in the spirit of summer, if that makes sense. The song "Moi...Lolita" by Alizée has been hopelessly stuck in my head all day, and I must've played it about 30 times - maybe more. Intermittently I mix it up with "Change Your Mind" by The All-American Rejects. Both of these tracks pretty well reflect my mood today - which is good.

Otherwise when not working I've just been doing what you'd expect. We had a movie night at Alex's not long ago, (saw Brick again - better the second time around, I think) and met her boyfriend Josh from the east coast. Cool guy. Also, Pete and Jeremy and I saw Spiderman 3 at Westdale Theatre, which I really enjoyed. I may write a full-review later. Another night Jeremy and Sara and Paul and I met up for some pool at our usual hang-out. Pete has started his new job in Toronto and currently has no internet access where he lives. Our prayers go out to him.

Tomorrow morning I have an interview at Desjardins Credit Union, so I'll probably post something about that later. For now, here's a random quiz I pulled off my cousin Melissa's Facebook page and filled out (also posted on FB of course) just for fun.


1. Name one person who made you smile today?
Alex!

2. What were you doing at 8 this morning?
Sleepin'.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
...Facebook. =(

4. What is something that happened in 1995?
I don't know, I was 7. I guess I started school.

5. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Hey mum! Can you think of anything cool I did when I was 7? No?....Ok."

6. How many different things did you drink today?
Water, milk, OJ, pineapple juice, chocolate chiller

7. What color is your hairbrush?
Don't think I own one? Used to have a blue one, now I just have a black comb I never use.

8. What was the last thing you bought?
Chocolate chiller from second cup.

9. What was the last gift you received for your birthday?
Money I think.

10. What color is your mouse?
Don't use a mouse, but my trackpad is black.

11. Where do you keep your change?
Pockets.

12. What was the weather like today?
Amazing! Warm and sunny.

13. What is the best ice-cream flavor?
Butterscotch.

14. What is something you are excited about?
My interview in the morning!

15. When was the last time you saw a rainbow?
Don't know.

16. What's your favorite gardening tool?
Clippers, because they're like scissors except more badass.

18. Are you very random?
Absolutely.

19. Do you want to cut your hair?
Not yet.

20. Are you over the age of 25?
Thank god no.

21. Who are you talking to right now?
Nobody.

22. Do you watch the oc?
Nope. I did once though.

23. Does your screen name have an 'x' in it?
Never.

24. Do you know anyone called steve?
Sure.

26. Are you ticklish?
Exceptionally.

27. Are you typically a jealous person?
Hm, no.

28. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'j'
Jer

29. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'k'?
Katelin

30. Who's the 1st person on your received calls list?
Um, I don't know how to use my cellphone.

31. What did the last text message you received say?
See above.

32. Do you chew on your straws?
Occasionally.

33. Do you have curly frizzy hair?
Nah.

34. What is the next concert you're going to?
No plans to attend one, but I should make them.

35. Who is the most awful person in your life?
I like everyone in my life.

36. What is something you say a lot?
"Yeah, so, whatever."

37. What is the last thing you ate?
Can't remember what it was called - something weird that was in the freezer.

38. Have you seen the movie 'donnie darko'?
Only about a bajillion times or so. Amazing film.

39. Do you have work tomorrow?
As a matter of fact...I don't. Do have an interview though, hooray.

40. What about marriage?
Some day.

41. When was the last time you said 'i love you'?
Hrm, can't remember.

42. What should you be doing right now?
Nothing - should sleep soon though.

45. Are you a heavy sleeper?
Not really.

46. When was the last time you used a skateboard?
Years ago. Somebody gave me this really retro one with a skull and crossbones on it. Awesome stuff.

47. What is the best movie you've seen in the past two weeks?
Fellowship of the Ring is the most honest answer...but I saw Spider man 3 and that was wicked.

48. Is there anyone you like right now?
Yeap, I like lotsa people, hoho.

49. When was the last time you did the dishes, be honest!
RUB IT IN MY FACE WILL YOU?! lol yesterday at work.

50. Do you wish you were someWHERE else?
Nope, I'm content.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Sarah Katherine said...

Woo interview! Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home