Monday, June 11, 2007

Off the Walls and the Ceiling

I've been debating about whether or not I should write this post, but I don't know why. It seems so obvious.

Right now I'm so excited it's almost ridiculous. Around noon today I got a random phone call from somebody I don't know. He said his name was Terry, and he's from the Home Electronics Department at Sears. I submitted an application with them on Friday, and they want to interview me this Wednesday afternoon at 2pm. The interesting thing is, the Sears I applied at was the one at Limeridge mall, but the one that wants to interview me is the Meadowlands Sears. I like to think this means my application was so impressive that they called up the other store and said, "Yo, you guys need this pro more than we do. Here's his info."

I'm well aware that I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet, but I can't help myself. The prospect of working there is pretty exciting for me. If you've read this blog more than once or twice, you probably know how much I love yacking it up about technical stuff; especially when I know more than the person I'm talking to. So yeah. Fingers perma-crossed until then, wish me luck!

The other big thing is Pete's birthday being this Wednesday the 13th. Our usual gang is planning on celebrating by going to see him in Toronto and hitting some local clubs. (It's a good thing my interview is right before this potential big misadventure. But don't get me wrong...I'm feeling extremely optimistic about it.) This night out on the town could get moved to Friday night...which would be fine. I don't know how much excitement I can take in one day!

Tonight I had an awesome time at Kat's house. This is something I need to talk about: Guitar Hero. The second one, that is. I don't actually hear many people call it "Guitar Hero 2", even though that's what it is. For those of you who don't know, Guitar Hero is a game for PS2 that is a lot like Dance Dance Revolution, only more accessible to the masses. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because you look like less of a dork playing it. In fact, you look cool playing it - or at least the game has a tendency to make you think that. I guess the main key to its success is the way it makes you feel like a rock star.

I'm sure I know what you're thinking. "Dangerously high levels of Lame." Seriously, I realize how ridiculous it probably sounds, but it's so true. You have to try it yourself to understand.

Also, I should point out that GH is nothing new. I think I'm about the last person in the world to try it and realize its awesomeness. I've known about it for ages since it's basically the video game that's spearheading the emergence of all electronic entertainment into popular culture. As I said, a game for the masses. I feel somewhat ashamed that it's taken me this long to get on to it, but better late than never, right? The plan as of now is to buy my own copy of Guitar Hero, which I wanted to do after about 10 minutes of playing. But I think I'll try and stave off the urge to do so for a little while, since I'd get an employee discount (probably) if I bought it from Sears in the event that I'm hired. Isn't that awesome? Yes it is.

random screenshot inserted to mitigate massive wall o' text

The next thing: After the novelty of GH wore off a bit, Kat and I booted up her borrowed Wii. I've talked about it a lot, read just about every article on the web that talks about it, but I'd also never used one before tonight. Let me just say: awesome console. If you read this blog then you probably already know plenty about the Wii and I don't have to tell you how cool it is. I had a blast creating my smirking Mii and then putting him to work in Wii Sports and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. The mini games are hilarious, and, if played with a little side of booze, could possibly be the best party invention since Pictionary. The only thing I didn't like was the way Wii Boxing couldn't seem to keep up with my insane lightning-fast fighting skills. Kat kicked my pyjamas by standing around, basically doing the Hokey Pokey in slow motion, but without even turning herself around. That's what it's all about, apparently. I hope the next installment of Wii Sports includes some Wii Shaolin, complete with a motion-capturing body suit with plenty of RAM...or whatever.

I can't see myself buying a Wii in the near future, despite how much I'd like to. I'm sure I'll be won over eventually though; probably when Assassin's Creed comes out.

When I started writing this post and titled it the way I did, I was honestly feeling like a rubber ball shot from a gun inside an empty closet. My heart was beating faster than a monkey on a treadmill, and I wanted to run down the street, jumping as high and yelling as loud as I could. I actually did go for an energetic walk, but managed to contain the leaping and vocalizing. Actually, I also drank a Bawls, (caffeine content = 3 cups of coffee) when I got home from Kat's, which probably didn't help things much. Apparently writing this has calmed me down though, and that's what I was hoping for. If it's not very interesting to read, I apologize. It fulfilled its purpose for me.

With that, I bid you good night.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I am the boxing champion. The only person who's ever beat me is Chris, and he clearly hacks.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I stand by what I said, despite how out of it I was. (I posted that at like 4 in the morning.) There's definitely something to it that I wasn't catching on to. Next time we should just have a real fight. Then I'll take you down.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home