Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Macbook!

Today my mum and I drove to the apple store in Toronto (in Yorkdale - pretty sweet mall.) I sit here typing on my brand-spankin' new, 13" black Macbook. I won't lie; getting used to using a Mac isn't easy, but I'm kind of enjoying the challenge. I don't really have much else to say about it though. I thought I would. I mean, this is something I've been dreaming about for a long time...my own laptop. I'm really happy with it, of course, but it's not quite like I imagined it. I suppose we all have to grow up sometime.

I also bought a cordless optical mouse with Bluetooth, and it is thoroughly awesome. The only drawback that I'm living with right now is that we don't have wireless internet here at home, so I'm still cooped up in my room when I want to use the Net...which is quite a bit. That, and my desktop is disconnected since I've got my ethernet cable plugged in here. Oh well. When I make the move to Guelph I'm gonna have to buy a wireless modem and set up my own account with Rogers or something.

In news pertaining to this blog itself, I've decided that I'm going to create several other blogs as a means of keeping track of my lecture/research notes. Plus if something happens to this machine, (God forbid) I'll be able to access all my notes anywhere there's an internet connection. Clever, no?

Ok, so it wasn't my idea. Meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home