Sunday, October 22, 2006

Happy Sloth

Another weekend gone by. I didn't do much. As soon as I arrived in Hamilton on Friday night I went straight to the central library for the Power of the Pen awards ceremony. Power of the Pen is a local writing contest for young people aged 12-18. (I think the youngest is 12...whatever.) Most other years I've entered the contest, but I didn't this past summer. Not really sure why. I guess I wasn't motivated. So anyway, the reason I went was to see my good old friend Sarah/Kat/Nobi or whatever her name is now, who (public congratulations incoming) won first prize for poetry and second prize for short fiction in her age bracket. Or...wait. Crap. Was it the other way around? I can't remember now. Anyway, I also ended up running into Raman and Rose who won first and second place for short fiction, respectively. Congrats go out to all of them. Afterward I walked home, (had to refuse Sarah's family's kind offers to drive me home) and it took me an hour. I love walking at night though, especially in my home town.

Saturday night I saw my sister and her husband who are expecting their baby at Christmas time! That is awesome. Later that night I went out with Rockwell and Paul to the local pool hall and played a few rounds. I think I won twice. Then we rented Art School Confidential. It was a reasonably funny movie, but the plot was weak and overall it wasn't as good as I hoped. Sunday, I did a whole lot of nothing. And I'm fairly content with that. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to hanging out at the library and hopefully getting a lot of reading done.

I'm getting excited about the plans I'm formulating for the next month, and I'll write about them once they're official and happening for sure. I'm also debating over whether I want to post my essays up in the blogs corresponding to the classes I wrote them for. I'm not sure what's holding me back - I think it's a combination of not wanting to show off when it comes to the good ones, and not wanting to be embarassed when it comes to the not-so-good ones. Of course I only have like, 3 papers so far. Maybe I just haven't decided whether or not I like them myself yet.

Currently, I am loving the song "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls. It's been on my main playlist for awhile but I've been playing it more often lately. The lyrics are really nice.

"And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home