Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Conflict in Signs

I just finished making a gargantuan post on my Sociology Notes blog. It's just my notes on the reading I'm supposed to have done for tomorrow. I suppose I could've just read the 17 pages and been done with it, but I'd never be able to retain all that information. So I took notes, and it took me a good 2 hours, at least. Maybe that's not all that long, but it seemed like a long time in the making.

On the one hand I'd like to think that being so conscientious on the very first assignment is a sign of good things to come. On the other hand, the fact that it took me so long is a bit irksome. Maybe it's a sign that I need to learn to take more concise notes. But how's a guy supposed to know what's important and what's not? Granted, some things are obvious - some - but not many. The rest is guesswork, so I just took down pretty well everything. Except for the part about Feminism because they left it to last and I didn't feel like taking note of that. If I figure out I need that info later I know where it is.

On a more personal note, I feel I've adjusted well to my new life here. ("New life", haha, so dramatic. But hey, it's kind of true.) My schedule this week isn't quite the way it's going to be for the rest of the semester, but it's close. My music is still in dissaray, but I'm going to remedy that with a nice, big playlist compilation very soon. Also, I bought a Donnie Darko poster today. It's pretty big, and it cost me fifteen dollars from the UC today. The posters will be gone tomorrow, alas. They had some really good deals.

I should get around to posting photographs of my room and such, for those who are interested. I'll do that soon, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home