Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dilemma. Naivety Sucks.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog and blogs in general lately. The other day it occurred to me how monumentally naïve I've been. I thought I could have a blog that people would read if it merely talked about things other than myself. But the truth is, people have lives. They're not going to read your blog for news that they could just as easily find on Slashdot or someplace else. And building a successful blog that a lot of people read involves a LOT of work. And it's not as if I couldn't do it, but I don't think I'm prepared to. It also involves sacrifice, because writing what a lot of people would want to read wouldn't necessarily be what I feel like writing about. That's the dilemma. Write about what I feel like and go mostly unheard, or write other stuff and get more feedback. It's a tough call.

I thought of starting another blog to maintain alongside of this one, but it would be more professional and on a particular topic. The thing is, I haven't thought of a suitable topic yet that I would enjoy talking about and that other people would also want to read. So if I think of something, maybe I'll do that...if not, then maybe not. We'll see. For the moment I'll just continue on with what I've been doing.

Not looking forward to my Sociology midterm tomorrow. I think it will be easier than the last one though, and I'll be better prepared. Speaking of being prepared, I ran out of money on my meal plan today. I'm going to find out tomorrow how to get more credit; I probably have to bring them a personal check. If that's the case I'll be eating as little as possible for the rest of the week...gotta save my cash for more important things, like this. (4 days 'til release.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home