Monday, November 27, 2006

The Very Best Early Christmas Present

Oh man, my weekend was so awesome. I guess I didn't do a whole lot, but hey, I had fun. Friday night Pete and I took the same bus back to Hamilton and watched an episode and a half of 24. I couldn't get into it because it was somewhere in the middle of Season 3 and I've only ever seen a couple other random episodes from various points in the time line. It passed the time though. Saturday night we went to see our buddy Luke who we haven't seen since the summer. Despite how insistent I've been about wanting a Wii, playing Gears of War on Luke's XBox 360 really shook up my plans. The game is graphically beautiful, the sound spectacular, and the gameplay is nice although hard to get into quickly. I imagine the learning curve on it is pretty high, and...

I think it's interesting to preserve the authenticity of this post, so I'm not changing what I've written up to this point, except for the title. I was in mid-sentence at the bottom of the previous paragraph and didn't finish it because something far more important came up while I was writing it.

Tonight, my sister Rebecca gave birth to a baby girl who wasn't expected to be born until December 24th. At first I was shocked and concerned but then my mum told me that Rebecca and the baby are fine, both healthy. The baby weighs around 5 pounds. They don't have a name for her as of yet because, well, they weren't expecting her for another month. There is not much else to say about it at this point though; I'm taking an emergency trip into Hamilton tomorrow morning to visit them in the hospital. I hope to take a picture, and if I do I'll certainly post it up. I don't know about everyone else but I for one am very surprised by this, and at the same time very relieved that everything seems to have worked out. I'll update on this soon.

I dedicate this post to two people: my niece who has just entered the world, and to my friend Sarah whose comments on this blog have encouraged me to keep writing many times; she is quite sick, and I'm hoping she feels much better soon.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Sarah Katherine said...

I think you know how I feel about babies, but if it makes you happy it's good in my books :) I'm glad mother and baby are both safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home